Peach Pie Cookies bring you the best of both worlds – the deliciousness of traditional peach pie with the convenience of a cookie -and no fork is required! These cute mini pies are so sweet, and so fun to make. Make these fresh peach cookies with your little ones!
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
- 2 medium peaches-peeled and diced (about 1 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg-slightly beaten
- Granulated sugar-for sprinkling on top
- To make the pie filling in a sauce pan stir together brown sugar,corn starch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add peaches and stir to combine. Stirring constantly cook over medium heat until thick. Cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Unroll pie crust on lightly floured working surface.
- From one crust cut out the circles with round cookie cutter (2.5 or 2.75 inch
- diameter) and arrange them on baking sheet.
- Divide peach filling between the circles. Do not spread the filling all the way to the edges (leave about ½ inch of edge without the filling and brush with egg).
- Unroll second pie crust and cut out the circles with 3-3.25 inch cutter. Cut each circle into ¼ inch stripes. Place half of stripes from each circle over one cookie, and weave remaining strips under and over, then press the edges to seal well.
- Brush the top with egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5-10 minutes on the pan than transfer to a rack to cool completely.