Peach Crumb Muffins are fluffy homemade muffins perfect for breakfasts and snacks. Moist and flavorful muffins loaded with fresh summery peaches, finished with sweet, buttery, cinnamon streusel crumb topping are the best muffin recipe ever!
For Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 6.5 Tablespoon unsalted butter-melted
For Peach Muffins:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs (or 3 small)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/3 cups peeled, chopped peaches divided (1 and 1/3 cups goes in the batter and 1 cup for topping)
- 1–2 Tablespoon flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1–2 Tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees and line cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
- To make the crumb topping in a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon, add melted butter and stir with a fork until crumbly. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the muffins in large bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together sugar and eggs until combined. Whisk in yogurt, oil and vanilla extract (mixture should be pale and yellow)
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk everything together.
- Reserve 1 cup of peaches for topping. Place remaining peaches in a small bowl, dust with 1 tablespoon flour and toss them until all peaches are coated with thin layer of flour and then fold them really gently in the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling 2/3 of each cup and gently tap the pan on the work surface to set. Cover the batter with the remaining peaches and press a handful of the crumb topping into the top of each muffin, crumbling the topping with your hands to make some big chunks.
- Place them in the oven and bake for 5 minutes at 400 F degrees, then keeping the muffins in the oven, lower the oven temperature to 375 F degrees and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then remove muffins and cool on a wire rack.
- To make the glaze stir together powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. If it’s too thin add more powdered sugar, if it’s too thick add more milk. Drizzle over muffins.