Orange Cranberry Bundt Cake – super moist orange cake dotted with cranberries, topped with cream cheese frosting and sparkling cranberries is perfect dessert for the holidays.
Orange Cranberry Bundt Cake:
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cp corn starch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup unsalted butter-softened at room temperature
- 1 and 2/3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs-room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ½ Tablespoons orange zest
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups fresh cranberries (if using frozen do not thaw)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter-room temperature
- 4 oz. brick style-cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1–2 Tablespoons milk or more if needed
- 1 cup sparling cranberries
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and place the rack in the lower third.
- To make the cake, first sift together the flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream softened butter for 1 minute, then add sugar and cream together for another 4-5 minutes.
- Next, add eggs and vanilla and mix to combine. Add orange zest and juice and mix to combine.
- First, add half of flour mixture and mix to combine. Add sour cream and mix well. Finally, mix in remaining flour mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in cranberries.
- Generously grease 9-inch (10-12 cups volume) fluted bundt pan with BAKING spray and set aside. (read the instructions in the post How to Prevent Bundt Cakes from Sticking to The Pan)
- Spread the batter in prepared pan. Make a few wobbles to distribute the batter evenly.
- Bake 45-60 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean with a few moist crumbs attached. Baking time might vary depending on the type of pan you use.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes in the pan, then invert on a rack to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat together softened butter, cream cheese, vanilla and dash of salt. Gradually mix in powdered sugar and 1-2 Tablespoons milk. If the glaze is too thick add more milk, if it’s too thin add more powdered sugar.
- Using a spoon spread the frosting onto cooled cake.
- Garnish with sparkling or dried cranberries and sprinkle some orange zest on top.
*Read the instructions in the post -How to Prevent Bundt Cakes from Sticking to The Pan
* If you want to use Sparkling Cranberries for garnish go to this RECIPE.