OMG Chocolate Chocolate Cake is a moist and fudgey chocolate cake recipe, with rich and creamy, double chocolate cream cheese buttercream frosting. For all of the chocolate cravers out there, this cake was made for you!
For chocolate cake:
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 cup boiling water
For chocolate frosting:
- 1 pound finally chopped semisweet chocolate
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons boiling water
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
To make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour three 8 inch round baking pans.
- In a large bowl stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and mix on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Dissolve coffee in boiling water and stir in the batter (the batter will be thin).
- Divide batter into 3 prepared pans and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pans, than remove from pans to wire racks and cool completely.
To make the frosting:
- Add cocoa in boiling water and stir to combine and remove any lumps, set aside to cool.
- Melt the chocolate and set aside to cool to room temperature ( it take about 30 minutes)
- Beat the butter and powdered sugar until it’s light and fluffy
- Combine cream cheese with the cocoa.
- In the light and fluffy beaten butter and sugar mixture add cooled melted chocolate and continue beating until it’s evenly combine.
- Then add the cream cheese and cocoa mixture and beat well.
- Frost the cake.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings (optional) and set in a fridge for a few hours before serving.