No Bake Summer Berry Pretzel Salad is quick and easy dessert recipe for delicious summer treat.
For the crust:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 8 oz. (220g) salted pretzels-crushed (about 2 cups of crushed pretzels)
Cream cheese layer:
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. Cool Whip thawed in the fridge ( or 3 cups whipped topping )
For gelatin layer:
- 0.75 oz. (21 g.) unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 cups lemon-lime flavored clear, soft drink (I used Sprite)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- For the stars you’ll need 1 apple and fresh lemon juice to brush the apple slices
- Combine melted butter and brown sugar, stir well, then stir in crushed pretzels and press into the bottom of 9 x 13 x 2 inch dish. (I prefer glass dish for prettier presentation. Press the pretzel layer really strong so it won’t fall apart when serving. Place in the freezer to firm while making the filling.
- To make the filling beat softened cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla until creamy and smooth. Mix in Cool Whip. Spread over chilled crust. Place in the fridge.
- To make the topping place gelatin in a large bowl and pour ½ cup cold water over gelatin, let it sit a few minutes. Heat 1 ¼ cups of Sprite to the boiling point and pour over gelatin, stir until the gelatin dissolve completely. Stir in remaining Sprite and set aside to cool.
- Arrange the berries over chilled cream cheese layer.
- If you want to make the stars cut the apple in thin slices, and using a small star shaped cookie cutter cut off the stars. Brush the stars immediately with lemon juice to prevent browning. Arrange the stars on top.
- Gently pour room temperature gelatin over fruit layer. Don’t pour warm gelatin, it will melt cream cheese layer!!!
- Refrigerate a few hours or overnight until the gelatin has completely set.