No Bake Pineapple Cake is quick and easy summer dessert recipe. Creamy and smooth mixture of whipped cream, cream cheese and juicy pineapple is mounded on top of vanilla wafer crust and finished with pineapple rings and maraschino cherries.
- 1 ¾ cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter-melted
- 16 oz. cream cheese -room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup pineapple Greek yogurt-room temperature
- 5 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream-chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple rings
- 1 (30 oz.) can pineapple rings
- maraschino cherries- for garnish
- You’ll need 8-9 pineapple rings to arrange around the cake, 7 for top and remaining rings ( about 10) chop in small pieces and add in the filling
- Place the ring from 9 x 3-inches springform pan on the plate and set aside.
- To make the crust, stir together vanilla wafer crumbs and melted butter and press the mixture firmly inside the ring. Arrange pineapple rings all around the crust and press them vertically on the inside of the springform pan. Place in the fridge while making the filling.
- In a small saucepan place ½ cup cold water, sprinkle with gelatin and set aside to bloom for 5 minutes.
- Beat heavy cream until soft peaks form, add vanilla extract and ½ cup powdered sugar and mix to combine, then set aside.
- Over a low heat melt the gelatin until completely melted, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat softened cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar until smooth. Add Greek yogurt and melted gelatin and mix to combine.
- Fold in whipped cream and chopped pineapple.
- Spread the mixture over the crust and make sure to fill all the gaps inside pineapple rings.
- Smooth the top and arrange remaining pineapple rings. Chill in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to set completely.
- To remove the springform pan ring, leave the cake on the counter for 10-15 minutes. Then, run a thin knife under the hot water and gently circle around the cake to separate the cake from the pan, unlock the ring and lift it up but make sure not to disturb the pineapple rings.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries if desired.