Looking for the best recipe for a melt-in your-mouth New York Style Cheesecake? Rich, dense, creamy and smooth, this classic cheesecake is absolutely delicious and so easy to make!
For the Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter-melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 2 lbs. full fat cream cheese-softened to room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 eggs-room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream- room temperature
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream- room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and place the rack in lower third.
- Place double layer of extra large aluminum foil under your 9 inch springform pan and cover the bottom and sides of the pan, wrap it tightly around the sides to make sure no water gets in during baking in water bath.
- To make the crust mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter and salt. Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of springform pan. Bake for 10-12 mins, then set aside to cool.
- Turn down the oven temperature to 325 F!!!
- To make the filling beat softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in salt, vanilla, lemon juice and cornstarch.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Run your mixer on low speed. You don’t want to incorporate a lot of air into the batter. Just slowly combine ingredients until smooth.
- Beat in sour cream and heavy whipping cream.
- Place springform pan into roasting pan. Pour the batter into springform pan and smooth the top. Pour boiling water in roasting pan halfway up the side of the springform pan make sure no water drip on the batter.
- Place in the oven and bake at 325 F for 1 hour and 45-55 minutes.
- When the cheesecake is baked let it sit in the oven with the door slightly open for 1 hour (don’t forget to turn off the oven!!!)
- Remove the cheesecake from the water bath, dry the bottom of the pan, run a thin knife around the edges to loosen the cake and let it cool to room temperature. Cover the top and place it in the fridge to chill for at least 5 hours or overnight before serving.
- Release the ring from springform pan before serving.