Mini Pumpkin Pie Crescent Rolls are the perfect way to use leftover pumpkin. If you are looking for a delicious pumpkin roll up recipe for your fall baking list, then you’ve found it! Pumpkin pie pastries are such an easy alternative to a classic pumpkin pie.
- 1 17oz.package (2 sheets) store-bought puff pastry-thawed
- 1 ¼ cup pumpkin puree (place pumpkin puree on several layers of paper towel, wrap and press to soak excess moisture)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon all-spice
- 2 egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make the pumpkin pie filling in a bowl stir together reduced pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg allspice and egg yolks to blend evenly.
- Unfold puff pastry on lightly floured surface, spread out the sheet so that it is flat. Roll out just slightly, using a rolling pin, then spread half of filling on each sheet.
- Starting on the wider side with a pizza cutter or a sharp knife, cut into long triangles (triangles should be about 2 ¾ -3 inches wide and about 9-10 inches high).
- Gently roll each triangle into a crescent and arrange onto the baking sheet leaving 2 ½ inches apart.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.