Mini Lemon Blueberry Cheesecakes are light and easy, refreshing dessert packed in individual portions and the perfect dessert for any party.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter-cold and cut in pieces
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter-melted
- 12 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 eggs-room temperature (slightly beaten with the fork)
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries-fresh or frozen (do not thaw)
- Make lemon curd ahead, because it takes time to cool and set completely. I recommend cooking the lemon curd in a double boiler because mixing these ingredients over direct heat quickly leads to burning. Whisk together egg yolks, granulated sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice into the top pot of your double boiler, place over simmering water and then using a silicone spatula continue to stir as the curd cooks. Stir constantly to prevent the egg yolks from curdling. Cook until the mixture becomes thick, about 10 minutes. If curd isn’t thickening, turn up the heat and constantly whisk.
- Remove pan from heat, add butter and whisk into the curd. The butter will melt from the heat of the curd. Pour curd into a jar or bowl and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top so it is touching the top of the curd to prevents a skin from forming on top. The curd will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 12-count muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- To make the crust stir together graham cracker crumb and sugar, then add melted butter and stir until all crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Divide the crumb mixture in paper liners and press the crumbs to make the crust. Bake 5 minutes at 350F, remove from the oven and set aside to cool and reduce the oven temperature to 300F.
- Beat softened cream cheese for 1 minute, then add sugar and flour , mix to combine.
- Add lemon zest, sour cream and lemon juice and mix to combine.
- Next, add eggs and mix just to combine, do not overmix.
- Finally fold in blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture over the crust(fil almost to the top) and bake 22-28 minutes or until the tops are set. If using frozen blueberries baking time might be longer. When the cheesecake is set, turn off the oven and leave them for about 30 minutes with the door crack open.
- After 30 minutes transfer the pan on the counter and cool completely at room temperature, remove from the pan, then spoon about 1 Tablespoon of lemon curd on top and place in the fridge to cool completely.
- Store covered in the fridge.
Make lemon curd ahead because it needs time to cool and set. You can use store-bought lemon curd instead.