Mini Cherry Pies – a fun way to make a mini version of your favorite pie! This is the perfect pie recipe for a busy summer day, with just four easy ingredients! You can be in and out of the kitchen in an hour with this simple dessert. Mini pies are so cute, so easy and delicious, and you can get a whole pie to yourself!!!
- 1 package (2 9″) store-bought pie crust
- 2 cups cherry pie filling
- 1 egg white-slightly beaten
- sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 F, grease muffin tin and set aside ( you will need 10-11 cups )
- Unroll one crust onto a flat surface and using a cookie cutter or rim of a glass/bowl cut 3 1/2 – 4″ circles.
- Place each circle into tin cavity and press into the bottom and up the sides.
- Fill with cherry pie filling about 2/3 to the top.
- To make a lattice crust, using a knife or pizza cutter cut thin strips of dough (about 1/4-1/3 inch), then lace together to form a lattice. Press down slightly around the edges and trim the excess with a knife.
- Brush the tops of each pie with the whisked egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (until the crust is lightly golden and the filling begins to bubble).
- Let them cool in the pan for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Using a knife very carefully loosen the edges of each pie and gently lift it out.