Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins –Simple and easy recipe for bright and sunny breakfast or brunch- moist, lemon infused muffins made with Greek yogurt.
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5.5 tablespoons unsalted butter-room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425F. Grease a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with paper liners and set aside.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and poppy seeds, set aside.
- Beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy (about 1 minute), then add sugar and cream together. Add eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest and greek yogurt, mix just to combine. Add lemon juice and mix to combine.
- Finally, add flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling them about 3/4 full with muffin batter. Bake for 5 minutes at 425F degrees, then lower the oven temperature to 350F degrees and bake for 10-15 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To make the glaze, stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice and drizzle over the muffins. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days or freeze up to two months.