Lemon Blueberry Bread is soft, moist, and completely overloaded with blueberries and bright lemon flavor, plus, it has crumble topping that creates an outstanding crust.
For Streusel Topping:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (or more to taste)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter-melted
For Lemon Blueberry Bread:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (you can substitute with lemon extract for pronounced lemon flavor)
- 1 ¾ cups blueberries-fresh or frozen (if using frozen do not thaw, add them straight from the freezer)
- 1–2 Tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Grease 9 X 5-inches loaf pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper leaving large overhang the sides so you can easily lift the bread from the pan, then set aside.
- To make the crumb topping in a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and cinnamon, add melted butter, and stir with a fork until crumbly. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the batter in a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl place ¾ cup granulated sugar and lemon zest and rub for a minute. Add eggs and whisk until combined. Whisk in Greek yogurt, lemon juice, oil, and vanilla (or lemon) extract.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk everything together just to combine.
- Reserve about ½ cup of blueberries for topping. Place remaining blueberries in a small bowl. Dust blueberries with 1-2 tablespoon flour and toss them until all blueberries are coated with a thin layer of flour and then using a rubber spatula fold them very gently in the batter.
- Spread the batter in prepared pan, scatter remaining blueberries on top, and then cover the blueberries with streusel topping.
- Place them in the oven and bake at 400 F for 5 minutes, then REDUCE THE OVEN TEMPERATURE TO 350 F and bake for about 55-65 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. After 20-25 minutes tent it loosely with aluminum foil to prevent the top and sides from getting too brown. Baking time will vary depending on the type of pan you use, and if using frozen blueberries, it may need 10 minutes or so extra time.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan then transfer on a wire rack to cool completely.