Mmmm, Peach Cake! This sweet, sugary cake recipe is a simple and easy summer dessert! Made with fresh peaches, this cake is like a glorified cobbler recipe – for all of you peach lovers out there, this is the cake for you. Best served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter-melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup al- purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 6 Tablespoon whole milk-room temperature
- 6 peaches- peeled and chopped into chunks
- Powdered sugar and whipped cream or vanilla ice cream-for serving
- Preheat oven to 355° F, grease 9-inch springform pan and sprinkle the inside of the pan with a little brown sugar. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and wrap the outside of the springform pan with aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Mix eggs and sugar until it is light and fluffy, add vanilla and (cooled!!!) melted butter, mix until combined.
- First add milk and mix, then whisk in flour mixture.
- Gently fold peaches into the batter.
- Pour in to the prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool completely in the pan. Once cooled, refrigerate in the pan before serving.
- Dust with powdered sugar and served topped with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.