Jalapeno Pimento Cheese Balls are quick and easy, last minute appetizers that are perfect for New Year’s Eve or a fun and festive Super Bowl party. Made with cheddar and pimento cheese, crispy bacon, and jalapenos, these cute mini snacks are sure to be crowd pleasers!
- 1 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese-freshly shredded from a block
- 1 cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1–2 jalapenos-seeded and minced (optional)
- 1 (4 oz) jar diced pimento-drained well
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 lb bacon-cooked to crispy texture,cooled and chopped
- 1 cup toasted pecans-chopped
- Combine cheese, mayonnaise, garlic and onion powder, cayenne pepper, pimento and jalapenos in the bowl of an electric mixer and blend at medium speed until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to firm up.
- in a shallow bowl combine chopped pecans and cooked bacon.
- Roll pimento cheese into tablespoon-size balls and roll into bacon-pecan mixture.
- Store in the fridge.
- Just before serving place a pretzel stick inside each ball.