Impossible Peach Blueberry Pie-homemade buttery pie crust filled with creamy vanilla custard, fresh blueberries and sweet and juicy peaches, topped with whipped cream is perfect summer treat.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter cut in small cubes
- 3–4 medium peaches
- 1 ¼ cups fresh blueberries
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup+ 2 Tablespoons whole milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2.5 tablespoons unsalted butter-melted and slightly cooled
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons sanding sugar
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- To make the crust, in food processor pulse flour with sugar and salt, then add cubed chilled butter and pulse until it resembles coarse meal. If you don’t have the food processor use pastry blender or fork.
- Add 2 tablespoons ice water into the mixture and pulse. If necessary, add (one by one) two more tablespoons ice water and pulse. The mixture should hold together when squeezed but do not overmix, it should look crumbly. Shape the dough into a disc and wrap, set in the fridge at least 1 hour (you can store it overnight in the fridge).
- Dust the work surface with flour and roll out the dough to make 12-13 inches circle, transfer it in 10 inches pie dish, fold the edges and crimp with your finger. Set in the fridge while prepare the filling.
- To make the filling, mix together eggs, milk, flour sugar, melted butter and vanilla. The mixture will be very thin.
- Slices peaches in half, remove the stone and slice each half in thin slices. Gently transfer sliced peach half and place in pie crust (watch to slices maintain the shape of peach halves) Place half of one peach in the center of the pie crust and remaining 5 or 6 sliced halves of peaches arrange around the center.
- Pour half of the filing mixture gently around the peaches. Scatter half of the blueberries between the peaches. Pour remaining filling and to with remaining blueberries.
- Sprinkle with sanding sugar on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 F or until it’s set, but still just slightly jiggly. It will completely as it cools.