These Blueberry French Toast Roll Ups are a new take on the classic breakfast! Roll ups are the best for when you have to get your kids out the door in the morning. Made with fresh blueberries and cinnamon, this oven-baked french toast recipe will become the new family favorite!
- 10 slices white bread
- 1/3 cup blueberry jam
- 1cup fresh blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1–2 Tablespoon unsalted butter-melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, line baking pan with parchment paper and greased it lightly.
- In a blender combine eggs, milk, flour and baking powder and bland 15 seconds on low speed, pour in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine granulated sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Trim crusts from bread.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon blueberry jam onto one half of the bread and align a row of blueberries.
- Roll bread to opposite end and set aside.
- Dip each rolls into egg mixture and allow several seconds to absorb liquid, then transfer to a pan.
- Bake for 9 minutes, then remove from oven, brush tops lightly with melted butter, rotate roll ups and brush lightly with melted butter, place back in the oven and bake for another 9 – 12 minutes.
- Roll baked french toast in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat them well.
- Serve warm.