Hot Chocolate Poke Cake is the most decadent chocolate cake infused with marshmallow fluff, topped with chocolate fudge and hot chocolate whipped cream, and a pile of mini marshmallows.
- 1 box Devil’s food chocolate cake mix
- ingredients listed on the box (oil, eggs, water)
- 2 cups marshmallow fluff
- 2 Tablespoons water
Chocolate Fudge Filling:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 envelopes instant hot chocolate mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2–3 cups mini marshmallows
- hot fudge sauce-for decoration
- Bake the cake in a 9 x 13 inches dish according to directions listed on the box.
- When the cake is baked, using the handle of a wooden spoon poke the cake, making the holes about an inch apart. Do not poke it all the way to the bottom just about 2/3 of the height.
- Place 2 cups of marshmallow fluff in a microwave-safe bowl and add 2 Tablespoons water. Microwave in a 20-seconds interval and stir until smooth. You can pour it from a jug or place it in a zip-lock bag and cut off the corner, then pipe it into the holes. Spread remaining on top. Place in the fridge.
- Next, place chocolate chips sweetened condensed milk, and 2 Tablespoons of heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Spread over the cake and chill until the chocolate is cooled completely.
- Beat 2 cups of heavy whipping cream with vanilla and instant hot chocolate mix until stiff peaks form. Spread over the chilled cake and garnish with mini marshmallows.
- Drizzle with chocolate fudge sauce before serving, if desired.