Homemade Peppermint Patties are a no bake Christmas dessert recipe. Easy homemade candies are a Christmas staple alongside traditional Christmas cookies! The best way to show your loved ones how much you care is to give them a homemade gift in form of these delicious peppermint patties!
- 2 Tablespoon softened butter
- 2 Tablespoon cream
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 11/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 package chocolate CandiQuik
- Crushed peppermint candies for garnish
- Mix together softened butter, 2 tablespoons cream, light corn syrup, lemon juice, peppermint extract and vanilla.
- Add in powdered sugar one cup at a time and beat it with a paddle attachment (If the dough is still too crumbly just add an additional tablespoon of cream and if it’s too sticky add some powdered sugar -it should be soft but not sticky at all)
- Form the dough into a ball and roll it out about 1/4 inch thick on a silicone mat.
- Place dough in the freezer for about 15 minutes (until firm).
- Use a small circle cookie cutter (or a small glass) to cut out the candies, then place them into the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Melt CandiQuik in the microwave and dip peppermint patties into chocolate.
- Place on a silicone mat or parchment paper and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.