These Homemade Chocolate Coconut Candy Bars are a quick and easy no-bake dessert with only 4 ingredients! This is the best sweet treat I’ve ever tried and the recipe is so simple. A tasty homemade version of Almond Joy candy bars!
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- aproximately 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- Roasted almonds (I made 18 bars and use 36 almonds)
- 14–16 oz. milk baking chocolate bars-chopped
- Line 8×8 dish with baking paper or aluminum foil leaving an overhand on each side, spray with nonstick spray, set aside.
- Stir together sweetened condensed milk and shredded coconut until evenly combined. Start with 1 can sweetened condensed milk and 2 cups of shredded coconut. Stir it well, if it’s too thin, gradually add more coconut until it’s thick, but not too dry. It will be a little sticky but should hold together in a shape when you squeeze it with your hand.
- Spread the mixture in prepared dish. The mixture is thick and sticky, so the easiest way to spread it into an even layer is to wet your hands with water and press the mixture with your palms, or use a wet spatula. Try to create an even layer and smooth the top as much as you can.
- Arrange roasted almonds on top and gently press with your palms to stick to the mixture. I made 18 bars from 8×8 inch dish, so I place 36 almonds on top (6 rows lengthwise and 6 rows crosswise; 2 per each bar). You can make smaller or larger bars, up to your taste.
- Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to firm. Transfer firmed mixture together with baking paper to cutting board. Cut the bars and separate them. Gently press with your fingers to make round shape on the edges. Place back in the freezer to harden completely, about 30 minutes.
- When the bars are firm, melt chopped milk chocolate. Line a tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Take a few bars at the time from the freezer, so the rest won’t soften before you manage to cover the with chocolate. Using a fork dip each bar in melted chocolate to cover completely, tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to drip the excess of chocolate and transfer chocolate covered bar onto parchment paper lined tray.
- Place chocolate covered bars in the fridge or freezer until the chocolate has set.
The amount of coconut might wary depending on brand of sweetened condensed milk and coconut that you use for this recipe!!! Some brand of condensed milk has thicker consistency and different brand of shredded coconut has different texture and moisture!!!