Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Breast Recipe is an easy and delicious dish to make but packed with such an amazing flavor. Staying incredibly moist and flavorful, these chicken breasts can be served as the main course, or shredded and used for another recipe.
- 2 red onion-sliced
- 2 bone-in skin on chicken breasts split in halves
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper-to taste
- Arrange sliced red onion in the single layer to cover the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a small bowl stir together chilli, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Rub the chicken breasts generously and place on top of the onion.
- Cover and cook 3 ½ to 4 hours on high or until the chicken is tender and reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Drizzle with the liquid from the bottom of the slow cooker before serving.
Don’t use skinless breasts here, because the skin adds flavor and the fat helps keep the meat tender while it cooks.