Healthy Chicken, Cucumber, Tomato and Avocado Salad is QUICK and EASY RECIPE for lunch, family dinner or party food for a crowd.
- 12–14 oz. boneless skinless chicken tenders (or chicken breast sliced ½ inch thick)
- 1–1 ½ tablespoon olive oil to grease the pan
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (2 small lemons)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large avocado-diced
- 1 cucumber -diced
- about 1 ½–2 cups cherry tomatoes-halved
- 1 small-medium red onion- sliced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese- to sprinkle on top if desired
- First, in a medium bowl combine all ingredients for marinade/dressing and stir well.
- Reserve half of the mixture for later use as salad dressing (cover and store in the fridge).
- Now, place chicken tenders in remaining mixture and flip the chicken to coat well, then, cover the bowl and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Grease grilling pan with olive oil, heat over medium high heat and grill the chicken a few minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked completely. Cool for a few minutes, then chop the chicken in bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl combine diced avocado, cucumber, sliced cherry tomatoes, red onion and chopped chicken, pour reserved dressing over the salad ingredients, stir well and serve.