Gluten Free Protein Bars with peanuts and almond are healthy snack, easy to grab on-the-go and made with all-natural wholesome ingredients!
- 2 cup dry roasted peanuts (1 cup half chopped, 1 cup whole)
- 1 ½ cup roasted almonds (¾ cup whole, ¾ cup chopped)
- 6 Tablespoons whole grain rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- ½ –¾ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup organic brown rice syrup
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 oz. dark chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- Line 8 x8 inches dish with heavy duty aluminum foil, leaving the foil overhang the sides. Spray aluminum foil with non-stick spray or brush with olive oil, then set aside.
- Chop half of peanuts and half of almonds, remaining nuts use whole.
- In large heath-proof greased bowl stir together peanuts, almonds and oats.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat combine brown rice syrup and honey, simmer for 2 minutes stirring constantly. Stir in peanut butter, salt and vanilla. Remove from heat and immediately stir boiling mixture in mixed nuts. Stir well to moist all dry ingredients evenly. If the mixture is too dry and you can’t wet all the ingredients add a teaspoon of honey at the time until everything is evenly combined. If the mixture is too moist and won’t clump together add more oats.
- Spread the mixture in prepared dish and press firmly in the bottom. You must work quickly because it will harden fast. Cool to room temperature, then place in the fridge until completely firms.
- Pull the sides of aluminum foil to lift from the dish, peal the foil and place on greased cutting board. Using a large sharp knife, cut the bars in desired shape and size.Place bars on a tray lined with greased parchment paper and place in the freezer while melting the chocolate.
- Pour melted chocolate in a shallow dish. Dip each bar in melted chocolate to coat the bottom and half of sides. Transfer on parchment paper lined tray and place in the fridge or freezer until the chocolate has set.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container up to 1 week. Freeze for longer storage.