If you’re wondering how to make crispy and spicy fried chicken, this is the Best Homemade Fried Chicken recipe you’ll find. This KFC copycat recipe is absolutely perfect!
- 20 chicken wings
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Salt, black pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Peanut oil for frying
- If using fresh wings, remove the flipper, then break each wing into two pieces and place them in a bowl and cover with buttermilk. Cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to fry them, remove chicken wings from buttermilk and sprinkle lightly with salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- In a bowl beat the eggs, stir in milk and set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together flour, salt, white pepper, chili, paprika, thyme, basil, oregano and parsley, set aside.
- Coat each chicken with flour mixture, then dip into milk and egg mixture, then again into flour mixture.
- In a large skillet or pan heat the oil to 325 F (until it’s hot but not boiling). The oil should be at least 1- 1 ½ inch deep.
- Working in batches, place chicken wings in hot oil and fry until golden brown (about 12 minutes), turning occasionally if oil does not completely cover chicken.
- Transfer the wings on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil for 2-3 minutes.