- 12 Mozzarella string cheese (or other cheese cut in 24 finger size sticks)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1,5-2 cups bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- Cut each cheese strings in half and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- In a bowl combine cornstarch and flour.
- In the other bowl whisk eggs with olive oil.
- Heat the oil for frying (it’s hot enough when a few bread crumbs dropped in starts to bubble- it’s about 350 F)
- Dip each cheese stick in the egg mixture and then roll into the flour mixture, dip again back in the egg mixture and roll in bread crumbs until well coated.
- Gently transfer into the hot oil and fry until browned but don’t overcook because the cheese will starts leaking out (fry just a few sticks at the time because they browned really quickly and if they start leaking they might stick together)