Fresh Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies are delicious, soft and chewy cream cheese cookies with fresh cranberries and white chocolate chunks.
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter-room temperature, but not too soft
- 4 oz. brick-style cream cheese-room temperature
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg-room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 8 oz. white baking chocolate-finely chopped in small pieces (you can use with white chocolate chips)
- 1 ½ cup fresh cranberries-cut into quarters
- Whisk together dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese with vanilla, and sugar. Add an egg and mix to combine.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients until evenly combined.
- Fold in chopped white chocolate. Finally, fold in chopped cranberries. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and place the rack in the center position.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll 1-inch balls of cookie dough and arrange on baking sheets leaving 2 inches space apart.
- You can stick a few pieces of cranberries on each cookie dough ball, just for prettier presentation.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges. When removing the cookies from the oven you can press a few white chocolate chunks (or chips) on warm cookie, it will melt and stick onto cookie (this is also just for prettier look).
- The cookies will be soft when removing them from the oven. Cool them 5-10 minutes on the baking sheet, until slightly harden, then remove to a rack to cool completely.