French Toast Churro Bites in the shape of a heart are a cute idea for when you need a quick and easy breakfast recipe. These fried french toast bites are simple to make for your kids before they go to school in the morning, or for a romantic breakfast in bed on Valentine’s Day!
- 3 slices of slightly stale bread
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoon milk
- A few drops of vanilla-optional
- Dash of salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter for frying
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Nuttela, chocolate or maple syrup for serving
- Using a small heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out the hearts. Stale bread is recommended because it will soak up more egg mixture without falling apart. If the bread is not stale the hearts will lose their shape.
- Beat the egg with milk, vanilla and salt, set aside.
- Combine cinnamon and brown sugar and set aside.
- In a pan over medium-high heat melt the butter, reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Dip each heart in egg mixture to coat both sides, but don’t let it soak too much liquid or they will lose their shape and shake off excess egg mixture.
- Place the bread in the pan and fry about 45 seconds per side.
- Transfer the hearts in cinnamon-brown sugar mixture to coat well and end serve immediately.
- NOTES: this is recipe per one serving.