Flourless Mint Chocolate Cake is extremely rich and fudgy chocolate cake for true chocolate lovers.
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate- chopped
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (plus more to grease the pan)
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder-sifted (plus more to dust the pan)
Mint ganache filling:
- 12 oz. white chocolate-finely chopped
- 6 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 Tablesoon light corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter-softened
- ½-1 teaspoon mint extract (to taste)
- green food coloring
- 10 oz. semi-sweet chocolate-finely chopped
- ½+ 1 Tablespoon cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350F and place the rack in the middle position.
- Grease 9 x 2 inches round cake pan with butter. Line the bottom with parchment paper, butter the paper, then lightly dust bottom and sides with cocoa powder, then tap off the excess of cocoa powder and set aside.
- Place ¾ cup of unsalted butter cut in 1-inch pieces and 12 oz chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Melt the chocolate and butter in a microwave or over a pot of simmering water. Stir until completely smooth, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl place eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Beat on a medium speed until pale yellow and doubled in size.
- With your mixer running on low speed, gradually add melted chocolate and mix to combine. Add cocoa powder and mix just until evenly combined.
- Pour the batter in prepared pan and bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Do not over bake the cake, or it won’t sink enough in the center when it cools!!!
- Col the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. If the cake doesn’t sink I the middle when start cooling, cover the top with baking paper and press with an 7-inch round cake pan in the center to make the dent for filling. Then run a thin knife around the edges and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Transfer cooled cake to a serving plate and make the filling.
White Chocolate Mint Ganache Filling:
- Place finely chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. heat heavy cream and corn syrup to a boil, stir and pour over chocolate. Let it sit for a 1-2 minutes, then stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir in butter, then add mint extract and green food coloring.
- Pour the filling into the indentation in the center of the cake, then place the cake in the freeze for 10-15 minutes until the filling is firmed.
- Place finely chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Heat heavy cream and corm syrup to a boil, stir and pour over chocolate. Let it sit for a few minutes, then stir until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. If the ganache is too warm and thin, cool to a room temperature, then pour over the cake. Spread over the top and edges, too.
- Garnish with mint leaves and sprinkles if desired.
- Store in the fridge.