For Chocolate Cupcakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Ferrero Rocher (frozen)
For Chocolate Nutella Frosting:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 4 oz semisweet baking chocolate
- 2 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tespoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line standard cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- With electric mixer beat together oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla extract on medium speed until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Cupcake liners should be about 2/3 full. First add about 1 tablespoon of the batter, then place unwrapped (frozen) Ferrero Rocher in each cup and add remaining batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in cupcake comes out clean (it takes about 16-20 minutes)
- Wait the cupcakes to cool completely before icing
- To make the frosting melt 4 oz chocolate and let it cool to a room temperature.
- Beat the butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy, then add cream cheese and mix well.
- Add vanilla, salt, Nutella,cocoa and melted chocolate and mix it well to combine evenly.
- Set the frosting in the fridge for 15 minutes to set, then frost the cupcakes and garnish with Ferrero Rocher.
- Store in the fridge until serving.