These adorable Easy Cream Cheese Danish Valentine’s Hearts are perfect Valentines breakfast idea.
- 8 oz. can of refrigerated crescent dough sheet or 1 (8 oz.) can of refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 ½ tablespoons melted butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons light brown sugar
For the filling:
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla-optional
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
For the Glaze:
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons milk or cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- To make the filling mix softened cream cheese with ¼ cup powdered sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- Stir brown sugar and melted butter until sugar dissolves, set aside.
- Open the can of crescent dough and unroll it barely over half. If using crescent dinner rolls, pinch the perforation to seal. Roll it in the opposite direction towards the middle (as shown on the picture above).
- Using serrated knife cut the slices about ¾ inch thick. Pinch and pull middle of slice down to make a point, forming heart shape. Arrange them onto baking sheet leaving 2 inch space apart.
- Press the center of each heart to make deep indentation in center of each roll. Indentation should be in shape of the heart, too.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in the indentation. 1 heaping teaspoon of filling per heart should be enough.
- Spread strawberry jam over cream cheese. Top each with 1 teaspoon of jam or however much it can hold.
- Brush the edges of each heart (around the filling) with the melted butter and brown sugar mixture.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- To make the glaze stir ¼ cup powdered sugar and milk. Start with 1 teaspoon milk and add more if needed to get desired consistency. Drizzle the hearts and serve.