This Easy Chicken Taquitos recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner. Chicken and vegetables with a simple, creamy avocado dip make a quick and healthy meal for the whole family! These burrito-style wraps are so addicting – you’ll want to make them every week!
For Chicken Taquitos:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2–3 Tablespoons red onion-diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper-diced
- 1/2 cup canned corn- drained
- 1 garlic clove-minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chicken breast- cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup +1 Tablespoon salsa
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro leaf- chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella or your favorite)
- Salt to taste
- 8 flour tortillas (6-inch diameter)
- 3 Tablespoons butter-melted
For Avocado Dip:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 oz. sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- iceberg lettuce
- cherry -tomato
- In a large skillet combine olive oil, red onion, green bell pepper and cook over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add corn, garlic, cumin, cayenne pepper and cook another 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add cooked shredded chicken, salsa, salt and stir to combine. Remove from heat and stir in cheese and cilantro.
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees and grease baking dish with melted butter.
- Evenly divide chicken and vegetables mixture onto 8 tortillas, roll them tightly and place them in the baking dish. Brush each taquito with melted butter. Bake for 15-18 minutes until tortillas become golden brown.
- To make Avocado Dip, in a small bowl mash avocado, add sour cream, lime juice and stir until smooth. Season with salt, to taste.