Apple Dumplings are some of the best pastry-style desserts ever created. With only 7 ingredients, this easy apple dumpling recipe is the best and most flavorful of them all!
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup 7 Up (or other lemon soda)
- 2 apples (Golden Delicious or Granny Smith)
- Butter a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Peel and core apples, than cut each apple into 8 slices
- Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll and place in a buttered dish.
- Melt butter, stir in sugar, vanilla and cinnamon, and when it’s thickened, remove from heat and pour over the dumplings.
- Pour the soda in the middle and along the edges of a pan(not over the rolls)
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until they become golden brown.
- Serve warm.