Peanut Butter Easter Cookie Cups are filled with Nutella and topped with chocolate-pretzel nests and Easter egg candies for fun and festive easy Easter treat.
Peanut Butter Cookie Cups:
- 1/2 unsalted butter-softened
- 1/2 peanut butter- room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg- room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1–2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 –3/4 cup Nutella
Chocolate – Pretzel Nests:
- 7 oz. chopped chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- about 4 oz. pretzel sticks broken into 1/2 -1 inch pieces
- Easter eggs candy for decoration
To Make The Peanut Butter Cookie Cups:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease cupcake pan with baking spray and set aside. This recipe makes 12-14 regular size cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and peanut butter, salt and vanilla. Mix well. Add egg and 1 Tablespoon milk and mix until creamy. Running your mixer on low, mix in flour and baking soda. If the mixture is to dry add additional Tablespoon of milk and mix to combine.
- With a large cookie scoop, place dough in the cup of a greased cupcake pan. Press in gently with your fingers to flatten. Each cups should be maximum ¾ full. They will rise when baking so might overflow the pan if you fill them to the top.
- Using a tart or small measuring cup, press each cookie cup to make an indent into the center.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes, or until the edges get nice golden brown colour. When you take them from the oven, if the indents are too shallow, press them immediately while they are still warm and soft with a tart or metal measuring cup or a spoon to make enough room for the filling.
- Cool 5-8 minutes in the pan, then transfer on a rack to cool completely. If the cookies are stick to the pan rotate them gently in both directions to loosen. The cups will be soft while they are still warm, but don’t worry, they will harden when cool.
- When the cups are cooled, fill each cup with Nutella.
To Make The Chocolate-Pretzel Nests:
- Melt 7 oz. chopped chocolate with 1 Tablespoons oil. Gradually add crushed pretzel sticks and stir. Do not add all pretzels at the time or you might end up with not enough chocolate to cover all sticks evenly.
- Using a fork, take small amounts of pretzels and tap to shake off excess chocolate and arrange pretzels on top of the each cookie cups to create the nests. Set aside to cool and the nest harden, then place Easter egg candy in the center.