This adorable Easter Bunny Cheese Ball is a delicious and easy Easter appetizer! A fun and festive version of classic cheese ball recipe with cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, Ranch seasoning mix and crumbled bacon.
- 16 oz. cream cheese-softened to room temperature
- 1 oz. package dry ranch seasoning mix
- 4 slices bacon-cooked and crumbled
- 2 ¼ cups Cheddar cheese-finely shredded (about 6.5 oz.)
- 1 ½ cup shredded white cheddar cheese-to cover the bunny (about 4 oz.)
For Easter Bunny decoration:
- 1 small tortilla-for bunny ears and mustache
- 1 slice of ham-for ears
- black olive or whole peppercorns for eyes
- cherry tomato or small piece of carrots or red pepper-for nose
- parsley or other greens for garnish
- baby carrots-for garnish
- crackers-for serving
- To make the cheese balls, beat softened cream cheese and dry ranch seasoning mix until smooth and creamy. Mix in crumbled bacon and 2 ¼ cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Form two balls, one small for the head and large for the body. Since the mixture is sticky, the easiest way to form the balls is to use two pieces of plastic wrap and two bowls (one small bowl about 2-3 inch in diameter for the head and larger about 5-6 inches in diameter for the body). Line each bow with a large piece of plastic wrap leaving foil hanging over the bowl. Divide the mixture, then lift the foil and twist the ends to form the ball.
- Refrigerate until firm. You can make this ahead and store in the fridge wrapped in foil up to 3-4 days.
- Unwrap the cheese balls and roll into shredded white cheddar cheese. Save leftovers of shredded cheese for bunny tail. Place on serving plate and press the head against the body to stick.
- To decorate Easter bunny, using a scissors cut out bunny ears. From a slice of ham cut the pink part for the ears. Spread thin layer of cream cheese on ham to help it stick onto tortilla ears, then stick the ears into bunny head.
- Cut out two small circles from black olive for bunny eyes. You can use peppercorn for the eyes instead. Press onto head to stick.
- Make the bunny nose from small cherry tomato or red pepper. Cut 6 strings from tortilla for bunny mustache. First press the mustache, then stick the nose.
- Roll about 1-2 tablespoons of shredded white cheddar into a ball to make the tail and press on the back of the bunny.
- Serve with salty crackers.