Cream Cheese Chocolate Bread is for all of you sweet-toothed chocolate lovers out there. This bread recipe can be served for breakfast, or you can prepare it for dessert! Either way this cream cheese filled bread, topped with chocolate chips, is a must-try chocolate recipe!
For Cream Cheese Swirl:
- 3 oz cream cheese-softened
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Chocolate Batter:
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter- softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° , spray 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a food processor combine cream cheese, 1 Tablespoon sour cream, 1 Tablespoon sugar and vanilla, until smooth, set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl combine buttermilk and sour cream.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, than add in egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Reduce speed to low and add half of flour mixture and beat to combine.
- Add sour cream and buttermilk mixture, beat to combine and then add remaining flour mixture.
- First pour just half the batter into pan, than dollop with cream cheese mixture and swirl with a knife , top with remaining chocolate batter and smooth using spatula.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from a pan and cool completely on wire rack.