For Cream Cheese Swirl:
- 3 oz cream cheese-softened
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Chocolate Batter:
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter- softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° , spray 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a food processor combine cream cheese, 1 Tablespoon sour cream, 1 Tablespoon sugar and vanilla, until smooth, set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl combine buttermilk and sour cream.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, than add in egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Reduce speed to low and add half of flour mixture and beat to combine.
- Add sour cream and buttermilk mixture, beat to combine and then add remaining flour mixture.
- First pour just half the batter into pan, than dollop with cream cheese mixture and swirl with a knife , top with remaining chocolate batter and smooth using spatula.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from a pan and cool completely on wire rack.