These Cranberry Pistachio White Chocolate Truffles are super cute and festive no-bake dessert!
- 11 oz. white chocolate – chopped into small pieces
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon orange or vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup finely chopped toasted pistachio
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- First, in a small sauce pan over low-medium heat melt butter, add heavy cream and stir just to combine.
- Then stir in salt (and orange or vanilla extract if desired) and set aside.
- Over a double boiler melt finely chopped white chocolate, stirring casually until smooth and completely melted. But DO NOT over heat the chocolate!!! Although, it takes some time to melt completely, but do not heat above 105 F or the chocolate will separate and be unusable (if touched with finger, it will feel about the same temperature as your body)
- Remove from heat and using a rubber spatula gently stir in lukewarm mixture of butter and heavy cream into melted chocolate. NOTES!!!Butter and heavy cream mixture should be approximately the same temperature as melted chocolate when you combine them.
- finally, stir in chopped cranberries and pistachio and let it sit at room temperature for an hour, cover with a plastic wrap pressed on the top of the mixture so a film does not form. Then refrigerate for 2-3 hours (until firm).
- When the mixture is firmed, using a small spoon or a melon baler scoop out the mixture and roll into an inch balls. It might stick to your hands so clean your hands with a paper towel after rolling each ball.
- Finally, roll each truffle into powdered sugar to coat them well.
- Store in the fridge in airtight container up to 1 week or freeze for longer storage.