Cranberry Orange Muffins with Streusel Topping are moist and flavorful breakfast muffins bursting with cranberries paired with a bright orange zest in each bite.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 ½ cups cranberries-fresh or frozen (reserve ¼ cup to stick on top for a prettier presentation)
- 1–2 tablespoon flour-to toss the cranberries
For Streusel Topping:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (or more to taste)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter-melted
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees and line standard muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- To make the crumb topping in a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and cinnamon, add melted butter and stir with a fork until crumbly, and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- To make the muffins in a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, orange zest, and granulated sugar until combined. Whisk in yogurt, orange juice, and oil (mixture should be pale yellow).
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk everything together.
- In a small bowl sprinkle 1 ¼ cup cranberries with 1-2 tablespoon flour and toss them until all berries are coated with a thin layer of flour and then fold them really gently in the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling about 2/3 of each cup. Cover generously with streusel topping. Stick a few cranberry halves on each muffin.
- Place them in the oven and reduce the heat to 375F, bake about 18-20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.