Cranberry Cheesecake Pie is a unique fall dessert recipe to add to your holiday menu for Thanksgiving or Christmas! A crunchy cinnamon sugar cookie crust/topping is filled with layers of sweet, tangy cheesecake and homemade cranberry filling, for the tastiest pie ever!
- 10 oz. fresh cranberries
- 7 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- ½ cup water
Crust and Topping:
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter- softened
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter-melted
- 12 oz. cream cheese-softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons corn-starch
- 1 egg-slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a heavy saucepan combine cranberries, sugar, orange zest, and water. Stir well and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Decrease the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes or until the cranberries are soft, then set aside to cool.
Crust and Topping:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch glass pie dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Add softened butter and mix with pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Press about 2 cups of the crumbly mixture in bottom and side of pie dish. Bake 8 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- In remaining mixture add 1 Tablespoon of melted butter and whisk with a fork, then set aside for topping.
- Beat cream cheese with sugar and vanilla. Add egg and mix to combine. Mix in cornstarch. Spread in the bottom of the crust into an even layer.
- Spoon cranberry filling over cream cheese layer, leaving about 1/2-inch border around the edges.
- Top with remaining crumb mixture and bake 33 to 38 minutes or until top of pie is golden brown and the cheesecake filling is set. Cool 1 hour, then refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Store in the fridge.