Cookie Dough Brownies are fudgy brownies topped with chocolate chip cookie dough and a thick layer of rich chocolate ganache. This delicious dessert recipe is a party for your taste buds!
For Brownie Layer:
- 8.5 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 7/8 cup softened butter (1 cup minus 1 1/2 tablespoon butter saved for chocolate ganache)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For Cookie Dough Layer:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For Chocolate Ganache:
- 10 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
To make the brownie layer:
- Preheat oven to 350 F, grease a 9×9 pan and line with baking paper.
- Melt 8.5 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate, then combine with softened butter and stir until it’s smooth.
- In a bowl whisk together 1 cups all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 2 1/2 Tablespoon cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs and sugar, then add the milk and mix to combine.
- Add melted chocolate mixture and mix until it’s evenly combine, then gradually add dry ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake about 30-40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out almost clean (do not overbake). Remove from the oven and cool.
To make Cookie Dough Layer:
- Mix the butter with white and brown sugar until it’s light and fluffy, then mix in milk.
- Add in flour a bit at a time until fully incorporated, then stir in chocolate chips with a spoon and spread mixture over cooled brownies.
To make Chocolate Ganache :
- Bring heavy cream and butter just to a boil and pour over chopped chocolate and let sit a few minutes without stirring, then stir until it’s silky.
- Spread over the cookie dough layer ( if you want to keep the ganache shiny then let it cool at room temperature , then refrigerate to set).
- Cut in small pieces because they are very rich!!!