Are you ready for fall baking? Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake is the perfect dessert for crisp weather coming up.
For cinnamon streusel crumb:
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter -melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large (or 2 small) tart apples-peeled and chopped
For the cake:
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Apple cider glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 and 1/2 – 2 Tablespoons apple cider
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease 8 inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper, set aside.
- To make cinnamon streusel crumb, first in a bowl, whisk together dry ingredient. Then add melted butter and vanilla and stir until the mixture is evenly moist, set aside, too.
- To make the cake in a large bowl, cream together 4 tbsp butter with 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy, then add egg and beat well. Finally, add vanilla and sour cream and beat again.
- In another bowl, stir together 1 cup flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder and add to the butter mixture, stir until just combined.
- Spread half the batter at the bottom of the pan ( it will be very thin layer). Spread the apple chunks evenly over the batter, then sprinkle about 1 cup of the cinnamon streusel crumbs over the apples. Spread the remaining batter over the crumbs and on top spread the rest of the cinnamon streusel.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Before remove the ring of springform pan run a thin knife around the cake.
- To make the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar with apple cider and drizzle over the cake.
Adapted from neighborfoodblog.com
- Serving Size: 1