15-Minute Churro Sticks – easy, crispy churros made with puff pastry, rolled in melted butter and coated with a cinnamon-sugar mixture. Best served with a warm chocolate dipping sauce! It sounds like a visit to Disneyland where you can eat your favorite treat – Churros.
- 1 puff pastry sheet-thawed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter-melted
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate- chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 450 F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper (or spray with cooking spray)
- Unfold the puff pastry and cut it in half (lengthwise), then cut into strips (less than 1 inch wide)
- Gently transfer the strips onto baking sheets and bake 8 to 10 minutes(until golden brown)
- While the churros are baking melt the butter and set aside.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- While they are still warm, roll baked churro sticks into melted butter ( don’t soak them, just coat all the sides) then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll and dip one stick at the time.
- To make the sauce pour hot heavy cream over chopped chocolate, let it sit for one minute, then stir until smooth. (The sauce will thicken as it cools, make it right before you’re ready to serve it )