Christmas Tree Oreo Truffles are easy and fun holiday dessert recipe!
- 28 Oreo cookies-crushed into fine crumbs
- 5 oz. cream cheese- softened
- 1.5 inch long pieces of pretzel sticks, one for each truffle (you should have about 30 truffles)
- 14– 16 oz. chocolate or chocolate chips (I used about 7 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate and 8 oz. white chocolate and had some leftovers)
- 1–2 drops green food coloring
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor ground Oreo cookies with the filling in a really fine crumbs.
- Add softened cream cheese and process until it well combined. You can do this in by hands, press it with a back of the spoon, or use a mixer with paddle attachment (the mixture is really thick).
- Transfer the mixture onto baking paper and spread it in a square or rectangle. It should be a little more than ½ inch thick (but less than ¾ inch). I like to cover the mixture with another layer of baking paper and flatten it with a rolling pin. That way the mixture won’t stick on your hands and you can make smooth surface. Place the tray in the freezer for about 30 mins until it’s harden enough so you can slice it easily. Don’t freeze it completely or it will crumble.
- When the mixture is firm enough, cut it into less than 2 inch wide strips. Separate the stripes and cut it into small triangles.
- Stab a piece of pretzel stick into each triangle. I twist it back and forth, to avoid cracks. Place the trees in the freezer for at least 30 minutes(truffles must be completely frozen before dipping into chocolate).
- Line another tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Take a few Christmas trees from the freezer ( so the rest won’t soften while you are working) and dip one tree at the time into melted chocolate to cover completely. Transfer the trees onto baking paper to set.
- To make green swirls, add a drop or two of green food coloring into leftovers of white chocolate. Then, transfer into a small bag, cut off the corner and drizzle over the truffles.
- Add sprinkles as desired. I used snowflake sprinkles, little yellow stars and small confetti and pearl sprinkles. Use whatever you have on hand. Work in small batches, drizzle green chocolate onto 4-5 trees than arrange the sprinkles before the chocolate harden. Then continue until decorate all Christmas trees.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container or freeze for a few weeks.