Chocolate Pound Cake with Chocolate Ganache is a chocolate lover’s dream: rich chocolate cake and a thick layer of silky and smooth ganache! This dense dessert is easily transported, and simple or decadent enough for any occasion!
For the cake:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 oz chocolate (chopped)
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 egg
For chocolate ganache:
- 3 oz chocolate (chopped)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Grease the 9×5 inch loaf pan and line it with the baking paper
- Preheat the oven at 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix together flour and salt
- Place the chopped chocolate in the heatproof bowl and pour boiling water over to melt the chocolate, then stir in the cocoa and set aside to cool for a few minutes
- Mix the butter and sugar until it’s fluffy, add chocolate and cocoa mixture and mix it well
- Eggs add one at a time, and mix well after each addition.
- Gradually add the mixture of flour and salt, stir it well.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan, and tap gently the pan a few times on your work surface to eliminate air bubbles.
- Bake for 6o-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean (be careful not to overdo it, it will become dry)
- Let it cool a few minutes in the pan, than turn it out of the pan and allow to cool completely.
- Make the chocolate ganache while the cake is cooling. Melt the chocolate and whisk in the heavy whipping cream until become silky. Spread it over the cake