Gooey butter cake is very rich, sweet and velvety cake with crispy top layer of crust and molten lava in the center. Although, this cake looks like a gooey mess, it’s melt-in-your-mouth-goooood!!
- 1 box (18 oz.) brownie mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unsalted butter-melted
- water (if needed)
Pecan Pie Filling:
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup salted butter- melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans-coarsely chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter-melted and slightly cooled
- 3 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and grease 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- To make the bottom layer, stir together brownie mix, ½ cup melted butter and 1 egg. The mixture should be thick. If it’s not come together add 1 tablespoon of water at the time, until everything is well blended, but to stay thick. Pat the mixture on the bottom of the pan to make an even layer.
- To make the Pecan pie filling mix together 3 eggs, sugar and brown sugar, vanilla, melted butter and corn syrup until well blended. Fold in pecans and spread over the bottom layer.
- To make the topping on low speed mix together cream cheese, melted butter, eggs and vanilla. Gradually add powdered sugar. Spoon the mixture over pecan filling.
- Bake at 325 F for 55-75 minutes. It should be a little jiggly in the center when finished baking, but cheesecake part should be firm to the touch. If it starts browning too much tent the top with aluminum foil.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.