Delicious combination of crispy chocolate crumbs and silky peanut butter and chocolate mousse layers.
For Peanut Butter Mousse:
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 2 oz. whipped cream (prepared)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 Cup peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For Chocolate Mousse:
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 4 oz. whipped cream (prepared)
For Chocolate Crumbs:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter-melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 400F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the chocolate crumbs combine sugar, cocoa powder, flour and salt in a bowl and stir in melted butter . Mix with the fork and then using your fingers, crumble cocoa mixture onto a baking sheet .
- Bake 10-15 minutes (depends on the size of your crumble; do not over bake them), stir them and bake for another 5-10 minutes (crumble will be soft until they cool completely)
- To make the peanut butter mousse whisking together cream cheese, whipped cream, sugar, peanut butter, vanilla and salt.
- To make the chocolate mousse melt chocolate chips, then stir in the milk and let it cool.
- Whisk together cream cheese, sugar, cocoa, vanilla and whipped cream. Fold in chocolate and milk mixture and combine until smooth.
- To assemble the parfaits, in a tall glass combine first layer of chocolate crumbs, then layer of peanut butter mousse, another layer of crumbs , then the chocolate mousse and repeat until the glass is full and finish with chocolate crumbs. Makes approximately 2 servings( depends on glass you use).
- Notes: If you are in a hurry you can use grham cracker or cookie crumbs, instead of homemade chocolate crumbs.