Chocolate Mousse Mini Oreo Cheesecakes – mini cheesecakes with thick Oreo cookie crust topped with light and creamy chocolate mousse.
For the Oreo Crust:
- 18 whole Oreos-crushed into a fine crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter- melted
For the cheesecake filling:
- 16 oz cream cheese- softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour crème
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate mousse:
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 oz semisweet baking chocolate-finely chopped
- 4-5 Oreos crushed
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk (or more if needed)
- 16-18 mini Oreo cookies for garnish
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees, line cupcake pans with 18 liners, set aside.
- Stir together melted butter and finely crushed Oreo. Press 1 heaping Tablespoon of mixture into the bottom of each liner. You should have enough for 16-18 cups. Bake for 5 minutes and allow to slightly cool.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese on medium speed until completely smooth. Add the sugar and sour cream and beat on medium speed until combined. Add the egg whites, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition. DO NOT OVER MIX IT!
- Beat in the vanilla extract and flour. Spoon the cheesecake batter onto the crusts to make the cups almost full. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill completely.
To make the chocolate mousse:
- In a medium sauce pan stir together egg yolks, powdered sugar and 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, cook over low heat until it’s start thickening and almost double in size WHISKING CONSTANTLY (you don’t want to make scrambled eggs).
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped chocolate until it’s melted completely.Let it cool to room temperature stirring occasionally.
- Separately beat remaining 1 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Whisk one fourth of mixed cream into chocolate custard to lighten. Fold in remaining cream gently but thoroughly.
- Stir in crushed Oreos.
- If the mousse is too thick for piping, stir in milk (add 1 tablespoon at the time until reach desired consistency)
- Garnished with mini Oreos before serving.
- Store in the fridge and bring to room temperature before serving.