Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a quick and easy recipe for super moist and flavorful, homemade banana bread. No mixer required, just a few simple ingredients and five minutes of prep time! This is the best snack or breakfast you could make for your family!
- 3 ripe bananas-mashed (about 1 and 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter-melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg-slightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips + more to sprinkle on top (if using milk chocolate chips, I suggest you to cut the sugar to ½ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8 x 4 inch (or a larger) loaf pan with baking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper leaving an overhang the sides.
- First whisk together flour, baking soda and salt, and set aside.
- Then, in a large bowl mash the bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
- Next, stir in melted butter, then add sugar, vanilla and egg and whisk well, too.
- Then add flour mixture and whisk until completely smooth.
- Finally fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into prepared pan and sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes,until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (tent the top with aluminum foil if it brown too much and the bread is not done). First cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer on a rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes!