Cherry Cheesecake Chimichangas are a quick and easy dessert – and perfect for all cheesecake lovers! These homemade chimichangas are irresistibly crispy, deep-fried burritos filled with sweet cherry cheesecake, and rolled in cinnamon sugar – what could be better?
- 6 (8-inch) soft flour tortillas
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups cherries from cherry pie filling
- vegetable oil-for frying
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract .
- Divide the mixture evenly between 6 tortillas and slather in the lower third of each tortilla.
- Add ¼ cup cherries onto each tortilla in the center of cream cheese.
- Fold sides of each tortilla toward the center and then roll up the tortilla tight like a burrito (secure it with a toothpick!).
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar with 1 tablespoon cinnamon in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Line a large plate with paper towels, set aside.
- In 5 inch deep saucepan place about 2 -2 1/2 inch vegetable oil and heat it over medium-high heat
- Working in batches fry the chimichangas until golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes and flip them as needed.
- Transfer fried chimichangas onto paper towel lined plate to drain for a minute, then roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Remove toothpicks from the chimichangas before serving!