Need a clean eating breakfast recipe? These skinny Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies are easy to make, yummy and healthy – you must try them! These oatmeal cookies also double as a low calorie dessert for when you need a light snack after dinner!
- 1 cup instant oats (as a substitute you can use old fashioned rolled oats pulsed a few times in a food processor)
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1–1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon (to taste)
- Dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil-melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup grated carrots
- Whisk together instant oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg, vanilla and coconut oil. Add honey and stir to combine.
- Stir in dry ingredients mixture, then fold in carrots.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour. CHILLING IS MANDATORY!!! The oats need some time to soak some moisture, also prevent cookies from flatten completely.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, line large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using ice cream scoop drop the ball of cookie dough onto baking sheet leaving two inch space apart. If you chill the dough longer and the dough is very thick flatten the cookies slightly before baking.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. Cool the cookies on a baking sheet for 15 minutes ( they need to finish cooking on warm baking sheet) then transfer to a rack.