Carrot Cake Cupcakes – absolutely perfect Easter dessert. Easy to make and super moist carrot cupcakes.
For Carrot Cake:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs- beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup apple sauce (or equal amount of grated apple or well-drained crushed pineapple)
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup pecans – chopped (or walnuts)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter- softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese- softened
- 1 and 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 12–14 strawberries
- 2/3 package Wilton’s Orange Candy Melts
To make the Carrot Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
- Melt the candy melts according to the package directions and dip each of the strawberries into the melted candy and place on a sheet of parchment paper to cool and harden. Transfer leftovers of melted coating in a small bag and snipped the corner off then drizzle stripes across the strawberries and let cool and harden.
To make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, line cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add oil, eggs, apple sauce and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in carrots and chopped pecans until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-16 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and be careful not to overbake them, they should be very moist not dry!!! Let the cupcakes cool completely .
- With an electric mixer cream together butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add cream cheese 2 ounces at a time and beat as needed.
To assemble the cupcakes:
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Store in the fridge.
- Place the carrot chocolate covered strawberry onto each cupcake before serving.