Carrot Apple Cheesecake Blondies is simple and easy recipe for delicious blondie bars infused with carrots and apples for natural sweetness and incredible moisture. Smooth and creamy cheesecake stripes on top make these blondies melt-in your-mouth-good!
Carrot Apple Blondies:
- 1 ½ cups coarsely grated carrots -firmly packed (about 2 large peeled carrots)
- 1 cup coarsely grated apples (one large unpeeled apple like Fuji, Gala or Honeycrisp)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 ½ –2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 oz. cream cheese-softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1 egg-slightly beaten
- ½ Tablespoon flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line 9 x 13 inches pan with parchment paper leaving an overhang the sides, then grease with cooking spray and set aside.
- To make carrot apple batter, in a large bowl combine grated carrots and apple, sugar, brown sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- To make cheesecake mixture, beat softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Mix in vanilla, sour cream and flour. Finally add egg and beat just to combine evenly. Transfer cheesecake mixture in piping bag or a zip-lock bag and set aside.
- With a rubber spatula, stir carrot apple mixture, scraping the bottom to disturb grated carrots and apples evenly, then spread the mixture in prepared pan.
- Cut off the corner of zip-lock or piping bag and pipe cheesecake mixture diagonal on top of carrot apple batter. If you have leftovers of cream cheese mixture when you finish piping crossed lines, tap a pan a few times on working surface to help cheesecake lines slightly sink in carrot apple mixture and repeat the process of piping. Pipe a new layer of cheesecake mixture, trying to pipe them right across the first ones, until you use it all. Don’t throw away leftovers of cheesecake mixture.
- Bake on a lower rack position for 23-28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan. Store in the fridge.